A NEW SUGGESTION.

There is food for considerable thought and perhaps amusement for some members of our community in a suggestion recently made to the CRIMSON for doing away with the disadvantages which are associated with intercollegiate sport at present. Why not increase the number of games played during the term in each sport so that the interest aroused will be nicely spread over a whole term rather than have it come in one prolonged explosion at the close of the football season and to a less degree the baseball season? The interference is that there will not be enough enthusiasm to be maintained at high pitch during such a long period, and that the result will be an evenly distributed and not too energetic manifestation of interest in the teams, similar perhaps to the mildly manifested eagerness displayed in intellectual pursuits which is causing most of the trouble. Just what would become of the athletes who were able to survive the ordeal of such a training season, the writer does not dwell on. Perhaps he sees in that phase of the situation the surest remedy of all-when men won't want to be members of the teams--with the result that soon the teams will become discouraged through lack of material and the men will peacefully lay down their burdens and lend their efforts to other things where the strenuous life is not so universally practiced.

This idea is by no means new, but it is interesting to say the least.