COMMITTEE DISBANDS.

The undergraduate committee, having named a nominating committee for the elections to the Student Council next fall, has finished its work and last night voted to disband. It was at the suggestion of the Athletic Committee that this temporary committee was formed and it was this committee which worked out the idea of the Council and drew up its constitution. For their services they deserve the thanks of the undergraduates.

The first year of the Council will be a critical one and the power it will have will be determined largely by the men who compose it; for an institution which has no directly authorized power from a higher body must find its authority in popular sentiment which must be favorable to it. This feeling will only be favorable when the Council has for members those men who stand out pre-eminently for their personal worth more especially than for their achievements. The committee chosen to prepare the nominations is admirable and they appreciate the importance of the first year of the Council.