BASKETBALL WITH BROWN

In Gymnasium at 8.--Each Team Has Been Twice Defeated This Year.

The University basketball team will play Brown this evening in the Hemenway Gymnasium at 8 o'clock. The game is an important one; it is the last scheduled for the University team before that with Yale next Wednesday evening in Mechanics Hall. Lately the men have received careful coaching in order to perfect team play, which was notably weak at the beginning of the season.

The chances of winning tonight decidedly favor Harvard, as Captain Pryor is the only man on the Brown team who played last year. Brown has twice been defeated this season by Tufts, which in turn lost to the University team last Wednesday by the score of 20 to 11. Last week, however, Brown defeated, by the score of 35 to 20, the Institute of Technology, which in the first game of the season held Harvard to a score of 22 to 20: the University team won only after two extra periods had been played. Brown won the game last year, 15 to 13.

Either Browne or Fish will play centre tonight, and S. Brown will take the former's place at left guard. The practice tomorrow will be held in Mechanics Hall, Boston, at 2 o'clock, in preparation for the Yale game.

Admission to the game tonight will be 50 cents: season tickets at $1 each, admitting to the remaining games, will be on sale at the door.

The teams will line up as follows: HARVARD.  BROWN. Currie, l.f.  r.f., Pryor Allen, r.f.  l.f., Swaffield Browne or Fish, c.  c., Seidler S. Brown, l.g.  r.g., Raquet Brooks, r.g.  l.g., Regnier

Before the University game and during the intermission the Freshman basketball team will play the Maiden High School. Although Maiden has one of the strongest school teams in the vicinity, the Freshmen should win, because of their superior defense and their better shooting ability. The Freshman team will line up as follows: Jamerson, l.f.; Miller, r.f.; Wellmann, c.; Webber, l.g.; Dow, r.g.