Pres. King to Give Noble Lectures

The William Belden Noble Lectures for 1908-09 will be given by the Rev. Henry Churchill King, D.D., LL.D., President of Oberlin College, on the subject "The Ethics of Jesus."

The dates and titles of the separate lectures are as follows: February 23, "Introductory. Critical Position; Limitation of Theme; the Teachings as a Whole; Amount and Permanence of Ethical Teaching"; February 24, "The Ethical Teaching in Schmeidel's 'Foundation Pillar' Passages; and in the 'Doubly Attested Sayings'; Criteria"; February 26, "The Ethical Teaching in Mark, and in the Other Common Sources of Matthew and Luke; the Oldest Sources"; March 1, "Estimate of the Ethical Teaching in the Sayings of Jesus which are Peculiar to either Matthew or Luke;" March 3, "Jesus's Conception of the Basic Qualities of Life; A Study of the Beatitudes"; March 5, "The Great Motives Underlying the Sermon on the Mount; Summary of the Whole Discussion: has Jesus an Ethical System?"

The lectures will be given in the Lecture Room of the Fogg Museum, and will be open to the public.