HOCKEY WITH COLUMBIA

First League Game at New York Tonight.--Harvard is Slight Favorite.

The University hockey team will play its first game of the intercollegiate series with Columbia at the St. Nicholas Rink, New York, this evening at 8 o'clock.

The team that will start the game today is composed, with one exception, of men who have won their hockey insignia in former years. Owing to lack of ice for practice, little team play has been developed, but the individual playing of the men is excellent. The defense is especially strong, as this is the second year that the team has been together.

Columbia, although defeated by Princeton Wednesday by the score of 5 to 2, has a very efficient defense, but the offensive playing is erratic. The game promises to be close with the chances favoring the University team in spite of the fact that Columbia has been practicing regularly for nearly a month.

The teams will line up as follows: HARVARD.  COLUMBIA. Gardner, l.e.  r.e., Kistler Hicks, l.c.  r.c., Lovejoy Morgan, r.c.  l.c., Bond Paine, r.e.  l.e., Nathan Ford, c.p.  c.p., Borschardt Willetts, p.  p., Barnum Washburn, g.  g., Murphy