Fall Rowing Begins Monday

Fall practice for the University crew will start next Monday and end Saturday, November 13. All the rowing this fall will be devoted mainly to form with special emphasis and stress laid on the finish of the stroke and for the most part the work will consist of easy paddles. From last year's University eight there are four veterans: Captain Waid, Bacon, R. Cutler, and Withington, who, together with Forster, Whitney, and Sargent of the University four and the members of the Freshman eight, will form a good nucleus for the 1910 crew.

Dormitory rowing, which for the past four years has been very successful, will start on Monday, October 11. All Freshmen who are not playing football are strongly urged to come out for this work, as there will be no regular Freshman rowing this fall. The work of all candidates on these crews will be carefully watched for material for the University and class, crews next spring.

The following men will be expected to report Monday at the University boat-house, dressed to row, at 4 o'clock sharp: Anderson, Bacon, Balch, Beane, Cutler, Eaton, Forster, Higginson, Hoar, Howell, Hooper, Jowett, Kempton, King, F. H. Leslie, Loring, Metcalf, Newton, Sargent, Shillito, Strong, Trumbull, Waid, Waite, L. Withington, Whitney, Voorhees. Anyone who cannot report at the above time, please notify J. E. Waid '10, Westmorly 144, before 1 o'clock Monday.