Freshmen Defeated R. M. T. S., 6 to 0

In a practice game on Soldiers Field yesterday afternoon the Freshman football team defeated Rindge Manual Training School by the score of 6 to 0. The Freshmen were able to gain consistently throughout the game, especially on end plays, and only fumbles prevented a much larger score. The Freshmen far outweighed their opponents, but were slow in starting and the backs had to run practically without interference.

Rindge kicked off over the goal-line and the Freshmen took the ball on the 25-yard line. After a few plays a punt went outside and Rindge secured the ball. They were unable to gain, however, and punted to Gardner. Wendell made a long gain through centre, and Graustein carried the ball to the centre of the field. Wendell fumbled, but a penalty put Rindge back to their 7-yard line. Time was called just as Graustein had received a punt from Rindge on the 35-yard line.

The Freshmen kicked off to Rindge in the second half, and they punted back to Graustein. Graustein made two gains, but Wendell fumbled again on Rindge's 10-yard line. Rindge punted to Graustein who fumbled, and another kick gave the Freshmen the ball on the 40-yard line. Graves carried it to the 15-yard line, and Proctor scored. Goodale kicked the goal.

Rindge kicked off and the ball was returned to them on their 30-yard line. Hadley made twenty-five yards through a broken field, but a poorly executed forward pass gave the Freshmen the ball. Time was called on their first play.

The line-ups were as follows: HARVARD 1913.  R. M. T. S. Eckfeldt, Lennox, l.e.  r.e., Metevier Lingard, Cutler, l.t.  r.t., Coe Goodale, l.g.  r.g., I. Swart Jones, c.  c., W. Swart Godfrey, r.g.  l.g., Bingham Felton, r.t.  l.t., Brooks, Ambrose Hollister, Chadwick, r.e.  l.e., Danahy Gardner, Ervin, q.b.  q.b., Green Graustein, Proctor, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Kane Wendell, Graves, Barr, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Hadley Lewis, Parmenter, f.b.  f.b., Corr