Lake Mohonk Conference Prize

The Lake Mohonk Conference on International Arbitration offers a prize of $100 for the best essay on "International Arbitration" written by an undergraduate of any American college or university.

For the purpose of this contest "International Arbitration" may be held to include any subject specifically treated in the "Conventions for the Pacific Settlement of International Disputes," adopted by the first and second Hague conferences, or in the "Draft Convention Relative to the Creation of a Judicial Arbitration Court," adopted in the second Hague conference. The award will be given at the meeting of the Lake Mohonk Conference in May 1910. The donor of the prize is Chester Dewitt Pugsley '09, of Peekskill, N. Y.

The name of the writer must not appear on the essay, but must be sent by the same mail in a separate letter. This letter must contain the writer's name, class, college and home address. The essay must be mailed flat, not rolled.

The length of the essay is limited to 5,000 words (3,000 is suggested as a desirable length) and must be written on only one side of the paper. Writing must be legible (typewriting preferred) on 8x10 paper. The contest closes on March 15, 1910.

Further particulars or references may be obtained by addressing H. C. Phillips, Secretary of the Lake Mohonk Conference, Lake Mohonk, N. Y.