WORK OF TEAM IMPROVED

Second Scored on Three Times During Fast Secret Practice.

The secret practice for the University football squad yesterday afternoon consisted in a long scrimmage divided into two halves. Captain Fish, Corbett and Minot were all in the practice, but Corbett, when he was tackled hard by W. K. Page, severely twisted his ankle so that he may not practice for a few days. The work was, however, encouraging as there was much more life and snap in the playing of the first team. L. Withington remained at left guard, his work showing much improvement.

The first team received the kick-off and, after recovering an onside kick, rushed the ball over the second's goal line, although the second team made a stubborn defence. Minot made the touchdown. The second team was given the ball on the first team's 25-yard line but, even though it was allowed several extra downs and was aided by two penalties, the ball could not be forced beyond the ten-yard line. In the next few minutes the first team scored two more touchdowns.

Then the first and second teams were sent in, the substitutes taking the field for a short scrimmage. The first team substitutes made one touchdown, due in part to a long forward pass from Galatti to Bush. The teams lined up as follows: FIRST TEAM.  SECOND TEAM. Houston, Rogers, l.e.  r.e., Whitney McKay, l.t.  r.t., Pfaelzer, Davis L. Withington, l.g.  r.g., Knapp P. Withington, c.  c., Morris Fisher, r.g.  l.g., O'Hare Fish, r.t.  l.t., Brock, Goddard G. G. Browne, r.e.  l.e., Paine O'Flaherty, q.b.  q.b., Johnson Corbett, Frothingham, l.h.b.  r.h.b., W. K. Page Morrison, Long, r.h.b.  l.h.b., R. M. Page Minot, f.b.  f.b., E. S. Blodgett