FRESHMEN, 5; ANDOVER, 0

Teams Evenly Matched In First Half.--Wendell Scored Touchdown.

The Freshman football team defeated Andover 5 to 0 in a close game at Andover last Saturday. The only score was made by Wendell late in the second half. During the first half the teams were evenly matched, and neither could gain consistently.

The Game in Detail.

Harvard kicked off to Rogers who ran back 7 yards. Andover rushed the ball to the centre of the field and there lost it on downs. A forward pass to Hollister netted 8 yards, and, after two interchanges of punts, Sheldon tried an onside kick which Lewis recovered. Sheldon regained the ball for Andover on the next play on a fumble. Andover rushed 19 yards in four plays, and then fumbled, Sheldon again recovering the ball. J. Parker was substituted for Hollister, and Parmenter for Keays. Lewis kicked to Paradise. Porter went in for Ripley, the only change in the Andover line-up during the game. Paradise attempted a forward pass which Graustein intercepted. Lewis made eight yards and time was called just as a forward pass had failed with the ball on Andover's 15-yard line.

The Second Half.

Rogers kicked off to Frothingham, who made 20 yards before he was downed. The force of the tackle knocked him unconscious. He was taken from the field, and Marsh substituted. Harvard then began to gain, but Lewis was soon forced to kick to Paradise who gained only one yard. The Freshmen recovered the ball on a fumble. Wendell replaced Lewis, and Graves went in for Graustein. Marsh punted to Paradise who was thrown for no gain. Fletcher then kicked out from behind his own goal-line. Harvard was penalized five yards for off-side. Ervin replaced Gardner. A forward pass lost one yard, but three rushes brought the ball to Andover's 20-yard line, and three more to her 3-yard line. Wendell was sent through tackle for a touchdown. Marsh kicked out to the 25-yard line and missed an easy goal. Marsh kicked off to Paradise. Vanbrocklin made 25 yards, the longest gain of the day, on a perfect forward pass from Paradise. Porter was thrown for a loss. Fletcher sent a low bouncing kick which Ervin finally fell on outside on Andover's 18-yard line. Harvard then gained three first downs on five plays, Marsh being used three times and Wendell twice before time was called.

The line-ups: HARVARD.  ANDOVER. Hollister, J. Parker, l.e.  r.e., Paine Lingard, l.t.  r.t., Beach Godfrey, l.g.  r.g., York Jones, c.  c., Large Keays, Parmenter, r.g.  l.g., Buehler Felton, Cutler, r.t.  l.t., Fletcher Chadwick, Carr, r.e.  l.e., Vanbrocklin Gardner, Ervin, q.b.  q.b., Paradise Graustein, Graves, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Ripley, Porter Lewis, Wendell, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Sheldon Frothingham, Marsh, f.b.  f.b., Rogers

Score -- Harvard 1913, 5; Andover, 0. Touchdown -- Wendell. Umpire--Keep. Referee--Bankhart. Head Linesman--Poynter. Timer--Poynter. Time--20 minute halves.