Prof. de Sumichrast to Lecture

Professor F. C. de Sumicharst, of the French Department, will give a series of seven illustrated lectures upon "The British Empire, Its Origin and Growth," under the auspices of the Victoria League in the United States. The lectures will be delivered in Chickering Hall, Boston, at 8 o'clock in the evening, on the following dates: October 27, November 17; December 15, January 19, February 16, March 16, and April 20. For those who are not members of the League a charge of 50 cents for each lecture will be made. Season tickets, admitting to the series, may be obtained at $3 each, at the box office, Chickering Hall.

The first of the series, "The British Empire of Today," will come tomorrow. The subjects of the other lectures will be: "Great Britain's Predecessors and Rivals in Empire Building," "The Making of the British Empire of Today and the Conquest of India," "The First of the Greater Britains Beyond the Seas, Canada," "Australasia and Its Island Continents," "Africa, the Laggard Continent," "The Power of the Empire."