Aeronautical Society Organized

A society, to be known as the Harvard Aeronautical Society, has been organized, with the purpose of rendering accessible to Harvard students information about flights, and of giving opportunity for experimental work under the supervision of the Astronomical and Engineering Faculties. The experimenting groups will attempt to construct some full-sized gliding machines.

Club rooms, furnished with models of aeroplanes and dirigibles, and containing an aero library, besides all the current periodicals, will be secured in one of the Yard dormitories. Two distinct courses of lectures will be given; one on popular subjects, by well known navigators such as Herring, Curtiss, and Cody, and the other on the more technical phases of aerial navigation by Professors A. C. Rotch, I. N. Hollis '99, and others. A special lecture, illustrated by 3,000 feet of areoplane flight pictures, will be given in the latter part of this month.

A meeting of the charter members will be held next week to elect officers. The prospective advisory board is as follows: Professor L. S. Marks, Assistant Professor W. H. Pickering, and Assistant Professor F. L. Kennedy.