LECTURE BY MR. FLETCHER

On "Vital Economics" in Union at 8.--Cinematograph Illustrations.

Mr. Horace Fletcher, the well-known authority on dietetics, will deliver an illustrated lecture on "Vital Economics" in the Living Room of the Union this evening at 8 o'clock. The lecture will be open only to members of the Union.

After leaving Dartmouth, Mr. Fletcher was engaged in numerous occupations until 1895, when he devoted his attention to sociology and especially to scientific research in human nutrition at the University of Cambridge, England, and at Yale. He has lectured on this subject in nearly every large city in the world and has written several authoritative books on dietetics. Last June he was given the honorary degree of Master of Arts from Dartmouth; he is also a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, and President of the Health and Efficiency League of America.

In the course of his lecture this evening, Mr. Fletcher will deal with vital economics in the whole field of human interest, all built on a solid basis of dietetic righteousness. His arguments for better health and efficiency will be based on his own experience and the results of experiments upon himself. Between the ages of 54 and 60 Mr. Fletcher recorded an increase of 21 per cent. in strength tests. Last month he registered 840 pounds on the spring lifting machine one-half of which is the average in gymnasium records. By means of a cinematograph arranged specially for this lecture, Mr. Fletcher will show a series of acrobatic, somersault, and high-diving feats performed by him at the age of sixty.