LIGHT FOOTBALL PRACTICE

"Dummy" Scrimmage and Signal Drill in Last Secret Work of Season.

The practice for the University football squad was very light yesterday afternoon. There was no scrimmage, as the coaches thought best to give the squad a good rest after Saturday's game. Neither Corbett nor P. D. Smith were dressed since both were slightly hurt on Saturday. The punting of Sprague, Minot and Frothingham was good, the other backs catching the punts. Coach Kersberg gave the linemen a long drill. F.H. Burr '09, captain of last year's team, was on the field and assisted in coaching the line. J.W. Cutler '09, quarterback last fall, aided Coach Daly in his work with the backs. Formation drill was given considerable attention, and a long signal practice followed. L. Withington '11, who rowed number five on the University crew last spring, reported as a candidate for the line. F.H. Leslie '12 has decided to give up football in order to row.

The second squad was given a long drill in signals and formations but had no scrimmage.

The University team and substitutes lined up for signal practice as follows: FIRST TEAM.  SUBSTITUTES. Houston, l.e.  r.e., L. D. Smith McKay, l.t.  r.t., L. Withington West, l.g.  r.g., O'Hare P. Withington, c.  c., Perkins Fisher, r.g.  l.g., Stowe Forster, r.t.  l.t., Hooper G.G. Browne, r.e.  l.e., Sprague O'Flaherty, q.b.  q.b., Galatti, Wigglesworth Frothingham, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Leslie Rogers, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Pierce Long, f.b.  f.b., Morrison