FUNERAL OF CADET BYRNE

This Morning.--Delegates from University to Attend.--Letter from Council.

The funeral of Cadet Byrne, who died Sunday morning from injuries received in the Harvard-West Point game the day before, will be held at West Point this morning at 11 o'clock. G. P. Gardner, Jr., '10, representing the undergraduate body of the University, H. Fish, Jr., '10, representing the football team, and C. D. Daly '01, representing its coaches, left yesterday afternoon for West Point to attend the funeral today. A delegation of graduates from the Harvard Club of New York will also be present at the services.

The Student Council's Letter.

The Executive Committee of the Student Council has sent the following letter to Colonel H. L. Scott, Superintendent of the Military Academy, on behalf of the undergraduates of the University:

"Colonel H. L. Scott, Superintendent U. S. Military Academy,

"Dear Sir:--

"The undergraduates of Harvard University wish to express their keen sorrow at the death of Cadet Byrne, and to extend to you and all the members of West Point their deepest sympathy. "Respectfully yours,   "G. P. GARDNER, JR.   "E. C. BACON.   "H. FISH, JR.   "S. A. SARGENT."

Wreaths have been sent by the Student Council, the football team, and the Harvard Club of New York.

The remaining four games of the West Point schedule have been cancelled by Colonel Scott.