Committee on Legislation Organized

The Harvard Committee on Legislation was organized with R. S. Hoar 2L., as president, and W. Lippmann '10, as secretary, at a meeting of representatives of the University political clubs yesterday afternoon. The following were selected by the presidents of the respective organizations to form this committee: Political Club--J. E. Dewey 1L., G. L. Harding '10, R. S. Hoar 2L., A. P. Loring 1L.; Democratic Club--L. D. Bejach 2L., J. J. Donahue 2L., R. W. Stewart 1L.; Republican Club--E. B. Caiger 2L., N. C. Nash 3L., J. R. Gilman 1L.; Socialistic Club--K. R. MacGowan '11, W. Lippmann '10, A. T. Shohl '10.

The committee will receive petitions up to the closing of the docket of the Massachusetts Legislature toward the end of January from any member of the University with regard to presenting bills on any subject. The first meeting of the committee will be held on December 7 at a place to be announced later. Petitions to be discussed at this meeting must be mailed, addressed to the committee, Box 84, at least a week before the meeting, with the signed statement that the petitioner will appear and argue for the bill at the session.