SENIORS WON FIRST GAME

Juniors Defeated, 6-0, in First of Interclass Football Contests.

The Seniors defeated the Juniors 6 to 0 in the first game of the interclass football series on Soldiers Field yesterday afternoon. The score was made just fifteen seconds before the end of the game, when Beard recovered an onside kick on the Juniors' 20-yard line and ran the remaining distance for a touchdown.

The playing of both teams was ragged, but the Seniors improved in team-work throughout the game. During the first half the playing was in the centre of the field. In the second half the Seniors carried the ball from the kick-off to the Juniors' 15-yard line, where it was lost on a forward pass. After an exchange of punts, the Seniors secured the ball on the 40-yard line, and worked the onside kick for the score.

The next game of the series will be on Friday, when the Seniors play the Sophomores.

The summary: SENIORS.  JUNIORS. Emerson, Bartlett, l.e.  r.e., Murdoch R. W. Hall, Humphrey, l.t.  r.t., Webber Day, S. P. Hall, l.g.  r.g., Cotting Richardson, Brady, c.  c., Blair Garrett, Stephenson, r.g.  l.g., Kean, Chadwick Jordan, r.t.  l.t., Washburn, Kean Beard, Mather, Arnheim, r.e.  l.e., Reed Witmer, MacVeagh, q.b.  q.b., Bouve Brown, Marvin, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Floyd Ellis, Rice, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Foster Leonard, Burrage, f.b.  f.b., Paul