SHORT SECRET PRACTICE

D. C. Campbell '02 Joined Coaching Staff.--Captain Fish Returned.

On account of the slippery condition of the field yesterday afternoon the University football squad held practice first in the baseball cage, then on the baseball field, and finally in the Stadium. The practice was much the same as on the other days this week, with a secret scrimmage in the Stadium.

Captain Fish reported for the practice, having just returned with Coach Daly from West Point. D. C. Campbell '02, captain of the University team in 1901, joined the coaching staff. He will remain with squad for the remainder of the season, giving special attention to the ends. All the regulars were on the field except G. G. Browne and McKay, and these two men are expected to be in shape to play very shortly.

In the baseball cage the squad was given a short signal drill, before it was sent outside. On the baseball field, behind the Stadium, the teams lined up for a long "dummy" scrimmage and then Coach Haughton ordered the squad inside the Stadium.

The teams lined up as follows: FIRST TEAM.  SECOND TEAM. Houston, l.e.  r.e., Clifford Hooper, l.t.  r.t., Brock L. Withington, l.g.  r.g., Blake P. Withington, Forster, c.  c., Morris Fisher, r.g.  l.g., E. W. Fisher Fish, r.t.  l.t., Coburn L. D. Smith, r.e.  l.e., Paine O'Flaherty, q.b.  q.b., Merrill P. D. Smith, Frothingham, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Wellman Leslie, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Page Minot, f.b.  f.b., Tryon FIRST SUBS.  SECOND SUBS. Rogers, l.e.  r.e., Blanchard West, l.t.  r.t., Vold Dunlap, l.g.  r.g., O'Hare Forster, c.  c., Estabrook Stow, r.g.  l.g., Barber W. K. Blodgett, r.t  l.t., Manly Huntington, r.e.  l.e., Whitney Wigglesworth, q.b.  q.b., Finkel Corbett, l.h.b.  r.h.b., McCabe Long, r.h.b.  l.h.b., C. N. Browne Morrison, f.b.  f.b., Hickey

15-Minute Scrimmage for Freshmen.

The practice for the Freshman football team yesterday consisted in a black-board drill of plays in the Locker Building, catching punts, a short signal drill and a 15-minute scrimmage. J. Parker substituted for Carr, who was excused from practice. In the scrimmage the second team was on the offensive and succeeded in scoring once, owing, for the most part, to the aggressiveness of its back.

The line-ups: 1913 FIRST.  1913 SECOND. Marsh, l.e.  r.e., Chadwick Lingard, Godfrey, l.t.  r.t., Meyer Goodale, l.g.  r.g., Keays, Driscoll Cutler, c.  c., Jones Parmenter, r.g.  l.g., F. Parker Felton, r.t.  l.t., Godfrey, Lawson J. Parker, r.e.  l.e., Hollister Gardner, q.b.  q.b.. Ervin Graustein, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Weston Wendell, r.h.b.  l.h.b.. Proctor Lewis, f.b.  f.b., Graves

15-Minute Scrimmage for Freshmen.