THE BASEBALL SCHEDULE.

The baseball schedule which has been arranged shows a decrease by one game from the number of last year. considering that in the last two years the schedules have been very heavily cut, this unimportant reduction is certainly a reasonable concession to the demand, less insistent this year, for shortened schedules. It is doubtful whether the team could be properly developed if the number of games was any less.

Of the changes appearing this year, the addition of a home game with the University of Virginia is a popular move. Our relations with this southern college through the baseball team have been very cordial, and to entertain its team in Cambridge will offer opportunity for a return of hospitalities. The omission of the trip to Ithaca will benefit the men on the nine, even though our relations with Cornell are thus made less intimate.

By far the most important changes come at the end of the season. To have the first game of the Yale series played in New Haven will give a different color to the Cambridge game in the week of Class Day. The transfer of the third game, which has been so often necessary to decide a tie that it may almost be called a fixture, to Boston, and arranging it for the day preceding Commencement, would add interest to that empty interval between Class Day and Commencement. The best feature of the changed dates is that the men on the baseball teams can now be dismissed nearly a week earlier than hitherto.