Lectures on Professions in Union

The series of lectures on professions, instituted for the first time last year by the Governing Board of the Union, will be continued this winter at the dates specified below. All of these lectures will be given in the Living Room at 8 o'clock and will be open only to members of the Union. The original plan of the Governing Board in starting this series was to secure six or more prominent men to set forth to the undergraduates the nature and requirements of the principle professions.

The list is as follows:

Education--Thursday, December 9, H. A. Garfield, A.B., president of Williams College; son of James A. Garfield, twentieth president of the United States.

Journalism--Thursday, January 13, M. M. Perkins, of the New York Times.

Railroading--Wednesday, February 23, H. Elliott '81, president of the Northern Pacific Railroad Company.

Medicine--Thursday, March 3, R. C. Cabot '89, M.D. '92, member of the Massachusetts Medical Society and counsellor of the Harvard Medical Alumni.

Ministry--Thursday, March 10, Rev. Endicott Peabody, LL.M., D.D., '04, headmaster of Groton School.

Civil Engineering--Thursday, March 17, W. B. Parsons, A.B., member of the Isthmian Canal Commission and member of the American Society of Civil Engineers.