SENIOR PREFERENCE

We wish to remind the Juniors that the applications for rooms in Hollis, Holworthy and Stoughton must be handed in before 1 o'clock today. It is the custom in Cambridge to put things off until the very last minute, the result in this instance being that very near few men have sent in their applications. The members of the class should realize that the Corporation came very near not allowing Senior preference this year, and to ensure the continuance of the custom it is absolutely necessary that the Juniors show their desire to avail themselves of the opportunity. Many men living on Mt. Auburn street do not like the idea of packing up their belongings and moving to the Yard, for they think they will be more uncomfortable there than in their present lodgings. The best thing we can do is to advise such men to consult the present occupants of these dormitories, but to save them the trouble we can tell them beforehand just what the Seniors will urge them to do. Anyone who has lived in this delightful environment will say that the discomforts are very slight in comparison with the many obvious advantages, and that a Senior year spent in the Yard will never be regretted even by the most fastidious.