TOWER LECTURES IN UNION

Tonight on "Diplomacy and Diplomatic Life."--His Career.

Hon. Charlemagne Tower '72, late ambassador to Germany, will speak on "Diplomacy and Diplomatic Life" in the Living Room of the Union this evening at 8 o'clock. The lecture will be open to members of the Union only.

After being graduated from the University in 1872, Mr. Tower studied for four years in Europe and America, being admitted to the bar in 1878. From 1882 to 1887 he resided in Duluth and held the offices of president of the Duluth and Iron Range Railroad, and managing director of the Minnesota Iron Company.

In 1897 he received the appointment as United States minister to Austria-Hungary, and was promoted to the office of ambassador to Russia in 1899, in which he continued until 1902. He became ambassador to Germany in that year, holding this office until last year.

Mr. Tower is the author of "The Marquis de Lafayette in the American Revolution." He is a member of a number of learned societies, and holds the degree of LL.D. from Lafayette College, the University of Chicago, and the University of Glasgow.

The Deutscher Verein will give a reception in honor of Mr. Tower in the Trophy Room of the Union after the lecture.