1912 Basketball Team Lost, 24 to 23

Andover defeated the 1912 basketball team in the Hemenway Gymnasium on Saturday afternoon by the score of 24 to 23. The game was fast and clean, and the work of the Freshmen against such a strong team as Andover's was decidedly encouraging.

In the first half unfamiliarity with the floor put Andover at an evident disadvantage and Harvard led at the end of the period by 14 to 8. The guards on both sides covered closely and easy shots were rare. The second half started with a rush and Andover soon pulled up on the Freshmen. Scoring was even on both sides until the very last minute of play when Snell won the game for his side with a difficult basket. The changed order of the 1912 team worked to good advantage. Rouillard and Boyd excelled for 1912 and Johnston for Andover.

The summary: ANDOVER.  HARVARD 1912. Swihart, l.f.  r.g., Stebbins Reilly, r.f.  l.g., Boyd Johnston, c.  c., Knapp Litchfield, Coates, l.g.  r.f., Davidson Snell, r.g.  l.f., Rouillard, Kaemmerling

Score--Andover, 24; Freshmen, 23. Goals from floor--Johnston 4, Litchfield 3, Reilly 2, Swihart 2, Snell, Davidson 3, Boyd 3, Stebbins 2, Rouillard. Goals from fouls--Davidson 5. Referee--H. V. Amberg 2L. Umpire--T. W. Ellis '10. Timer--H. C. Brown '10. Time--20 and 15-minute halves.