SPANISH WAR MEMORIAL

To be Placed in Living Room of Union to Commemorate Harvard Men.

A memorial to the Harvard men who entered the service of the United States at the time of the Spanish War and died either as a result of wounds or from disease or exhaustion incident to this service, will be placed in the Living Room of the Union. Out of the 389 Harvard graduates and undergraduates who entered the army, eleven died as a result of their service.

Mr. Bela Lyon Pratt, the well-known sculptor who designed the medal in honor of President Eliot, will design the memorial. It will be placed over the centre door in the Living Room. This space is now occupied by the bas-relief of an eagle and the memorial will be very similar to this.

Through the efforts of a committee of Union members it is hoped that the entire fund will be raised from the personal friends of the men who died. The following committee is in charge of the project: Professor I. N. Hollis h.'99, M. Donald '99, H. S. Thompson '99, Henry James, 2nd, '99, L. K. Lunt '09.