ATHLETIC REFORMS.

At present several important questions in regard to University athletic are under consideration, and before the next meeting of the Athletic Committee on Monday, we should like to see a sane discussion of these questions in communications to the CRIMSON. Of the rules which we believe should be changed, two are especially objectionable. The first is the two-period rule which prevents men from taking part in more than two seasons of University sport during any one academic year; the other is the regulation by which men who have been graduated from the College in three years and who are registered in the graduate departments, are prevented from taking part in University athletics. There is undoubtedly room for a difference of opinion on these subjects, and we shall be glad to print as many different views as possible.

Another important question is that of withdrawing basketball from the list of University sports. Many feel that the interest at Harvard is not great enough to make the continuance of the game worth while, but those who enjoy playing will probably resent the idea of losing this opportunity to represent Harvard in athletic competition. These questions are undoubtedly worth serious consideration, and we believe that the Athletic Committee might possibly be influenced by hearing representative undergraduate opinions.