ATHLETIC COMMITTEE MEETING.

At the Athletic Committee meeting today, the questions which have been raised during the past month will come up for discussion. We have tried to point out in this column the disadvantages of intercollegiate basketball and the two-period rule, and an exception to the eligibility rules has been suggested which will allow men who are spending their fourth year in Cambridge in one of the graduate schools to take part in University athletics. Basketball is so poorly supported that it does not seem fair to have a team representing Harvard, which plays against colleges where the game is flourishing. The two-period rule, as shown in this morning's communication, does not really increase the scholarship of athletes, and it works injustice on men of good standing at the College office, who should be allowed to take part in athletics to their hearts' content. The graduate school rule is unfair as preventing diligent students from playing on the University teams and forcing men to stay in College for athletic purposes who would prefer to get some business training in their fourth year.

Perhaps it is too much to expect that all these matters will be decided at one fell swoop, but we hope that they will be considered carefully and acted on as soon as possible.