Freshman Debate with Yale April 30

The Freshman debate with Yale 1912 has been provisionally arranged for Friday, April 30. The debate will be held in Cambridge. The question that has been submitted by Harvard is: "Resolved, That United States senators should be elected by a direct vote of the people." The Yale freshmen will have the choice of sides.

Trials for the Freshman team will be held Thursday, March 25, and Monday, March 29. At the first trial five-minute speeches will be delivered on either side of the question, and six men will be retained. These men will then be divided into two teams. The final practice debate will be between these two teams and twelve minutes will be allowed for presentation and five minutes for refutation. First and second teams will then be chosen and will hold practice debates.

The judges at the trials will be A. H. Elder 2L., S. F. Peavey 3L., and C. H. Raymond '10. Peavey will also coach the team. All Freshmen who wish to take part in the trials should send their names to F. Schenck '09, Holworthy 7, before Thursday. The order of speakers will be posted in Upper Dane Thursday morning. Articles on the subject have been reserved on the debating shelf in Gore Hall.