Game Between Picked Baseball Teams

The University baseball squad had outdoor practice again yesterday afternoon and another game was played between two picked teams. The same pitcher worked for both sides and only eight men on a side batted.

Team B won the game, 3 to 1, by superiority at the bat. Two extra innings were also played, in which team B made two more runs, while team A failed to score. Team A got only two hits, one by MacLaughlin in the first inning, and one by Lanigan in the sixth. Team B got nine hits in all, two each by Haydock, Crocker, and Dana, and one each by Ferguson, Marshall, and Jordan.

The first run was made in the second inning by team B. With one out, Marshall drew a base on balls, stole second, and came in on Dana's hit. In the fifth, team B scored two more runs. Marshall singled, was advanced to second by Hann's sacrifice, and came in on Dana's second, hit. Dana stole second, took third on Brown's sacrifice, and by taking too great a lead off third was forced to try for the plate. He was safe on a wide throw to Currier. Team A scored its only run in the sixth. Lanigan singled, was safe at second when Marshall failed to hold the throw, and came in when Hall dropped a wide throw to first. In the first of the extra innings, team B made two runs with two out. Jordan got his base on balls and came in on Haydock's three-bagger. Haydock scored on Aronson's fumble of a difficult fly.

The batting orders: TEAM A.  TEAM B. Harvey, c.f.  3b;, Haydock Taylor, s.s.  2b., Paine, O'Connell MacLaughlin, 2b.  c.f., Ferguson, Clark Aronson, r.f.  1b., Burr, Hall Lanigan, 3b.  s.s., Marshall, Crocker Chase, l.f.  r.f., Hann, A. Harvey Briggs, 1b.  l.f., Dana Currier, c.  c., Brown, Jordan

The pitchers were: Babson, Boyer, Ohler, Beebe, and Campbell.