"HARVARD INDIFFERENCE."

The experiences of many teams, dramatic productions, and committees have brought home to us the justice of the common criticism of "Harvard indifference." Many undergraduates have no hesitation in allying themselves with the various branches of College activity, but once they have signified their intention of taking part in a thing, their interest wanes. At the various competitions and practices of athletic teams, particularly in the minor sports, at the rehearsals of plays, and at the meetings of committees, the small attendance often interferes noticeably with the accomplishment of the work at hand, and professional coaches and undergraduate leaders are greatly handicapped by the seeming unconcern of the men under their direction. College men should realize that their engagements are as important in their way as those of the business man, and that they run the risk of forming habits which may be hard to break.

If the undergraduates object to the charge of indifference being brought against them, they should see to it that there is no ground for such a charge. Strangers who come to take a hand in Harvard affairs are often impressed by this apparent lack of interest, and go away bearing tales which make mere thoughtlessness appear to be gross indifference.