THE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE.

The University football schedule, announced this morning, presents quite a different appearance from those of recent years. Three of our last fall's opponents have no place on the list, and West Point and Cornell will be taken up again.

The most significant feature of the schedule is the Athletic Committee's compliance with the wishes of the Faculty, as expressed in the athletic discussion last spring. As compared with the list of 12 games which were formerly played, the schedule seems really too short; but the football authorities feel sure that the reduction will be no very serious handicap to the success of the team. There is one less game than last year, and Wednesday games in term-time have been done away with. This last change is a very desirable innovation from the Faculty point of view, as preventing absences from afternoon lectures. The only Wednesday game on the list is the day before the formal opening of College, so that as a matter of fact there are only eight games during term-time. Surely the most radical believer in curtailment can find little to object to in this schedule!