COACH HAUGHTON.

Ever since the end of the football season, various conflicting rumors have been going around Cambridge as to whether Coach Haughton would be in charge of the Football team next fall. We are exceedingly glad to hear that he has decided to accept the position again, and we congratulate the members of the team and the University on his appointment. It is a considerable sacrifice to give up as much time as is necessary to coach a Football team and to do the work without any compensation. We can well understand Coach Haughton's hesitation, considering the pressure which was brought to bear each way, and we are the more pleased with the acceptance for that reason. With such an experienced coach in charge, an efficient captain, and a team composed to a great extent of veteran players, the prospect for next fall is far brighter than usual, and if overconfidence does not appear the record should be an exceptionally good one.

A new feature of the season will be the establishment of football relations with Princeton by a game between the Freshman teams. It was apparently impracticable to arrange a game for the University elevens, but the next best thing was done.