ENCOURAGING CREW PRACTICE

University Eight Rowed Twice Yesterday.--Columbia Squad Arrived.

As the University crew had hard practice on Wednesday, there was very light work for the men yesterday, although the crew went out both in the morning and the afternoon. The work, on the whole, was distinctly encouraging. In the morning the crew went out at 12 o'clock and rowed up-stream. The work was very light, consisting of short stretches, Coach Wray paying special attention to eradicating the slight individual faults of the men. A few racing starts were tried. The afternoon work was much the same. The crew rowed up to the end of the long stretch above the Still-man Infirmary and back. The boat seemed to go well, the body recovery of the men being much faster than on Wednesday when the whole crew was noticeably slow in this respect.

Mr. E. C. Storrow '89, a former coach of University crews, watched the work from the "Veritas."

Columbia Crew Arrived in Boston

The Columbia squad arrived last night and went directly to the Hotel Victoria. The crew will row this morning at 10 o'clock, and also this afternoon. This will be the first chance to get the order of the crew as it will race against Harvard, for it has been changed repeatedly in the last few days. The University management will extend the use of the "Veritas" to Coach Rich for both the morning and afternoon rows of the Columbia crew.