DRAMATIC CLUB PLAYS AT 8

First Cambridge Performance in Brattle Hall.--Synopses and Casts.

The first Cambridge performance of the four short plays which the Dramatic Club is presenting this spring will be given in Brattle Hall this evening at 8 o'clock. The last performance will be given Thursday in Brattle Hall. Tickets at $1.50 and $1 each are on sale at Herrick's, Amee's, the Co-operative, Kent's and Leavitt & Peirce's, and may also be obtained by applying to J. C. Savery '11, Beck 4.

The first play, "The Heart of the Irish man," by L. Hatch '05, was suggested to the author by an episode in Charles Lever's novel "Con Cregan." The play is full of rollicking humor, with touches of fine sentiment.

"The Horse Thieves," by H. Hagedorn '07, is a tale of the western prairies. Two horse thieves are caught by the sheriff and thrown into jail. The sheriff's daughter falls in love with the younger and threatens if he is killed, to marry an effeminate minister whom her father hates. The sheriff in order to save his daughter from such a marriage allows the two to leave the sate and his daughter to marry the one she loves.

"Death and the Dicers," by F. Schenck '09 is an adaptation of Chaucer's "Pardoner's Tale." There roisterers go forth to kill Death, but become embroiled in an altercation concerning the division of a pot a gold which they have found. In the dispute all are killed. The play ends with the specter of Death standing over the three, symbolic of the fate of those who seek gold with evil intent.

The last play, "Five in the Morning," by H. Hagedorn '07, is a tragedy of modern life in blank verse. the scene is laid in New York on East Twelfth street, and the characters include cheap clerks in the down-town department stores and a hack writer.

The casts of the plays follow: "THE HEART OF THE IRISHMAN." Con Cregan,  E. A. Bemis '11 Peter M'Cabe,  J. R. Snyder 3L. Barney M'Cabe, his younger brother,  R. F. Duncan '12 "Billy" Scanlan, the schoolmaster,  C. W. Putnam '11 Teague O'Regan,  R. C. Benchley '12 Jem Shanahan,  W. W. Hackman '09 time Kilally,  J. M. Longyear '10 "THE HORSE THIEVES." Al Bartlett, a sheriff,  J. C. Savery '11 Mrs. Bartlett,  Miss Charlotte Adams Laura Bartlett,  Miss Anna Bourke Burt Haskell,  P. Snedeker '11 Olie Morrill,  J. C. Nicholson Sp. Reverend Clinch  R. C. Benchley '12 "DEATH AND THE DICERS." Death,  R. L. Niles '09 Aleyn, dicer,  H. W. H. Powel '09 Watt, dicer,  N. S. Simpkins '09 Simpkins, dicer,  J. A. P. Millet '10 Innkeeper,  R. E. Rogers '09 Juggler,  W. K. Blodgett '11 Boy,  O. W. Roosevelt '12 Girl,  Miss Marian Gragg "FIVE IN THE MORNING." Broughton,  R. M. Middlemass '09 Blair,  J. A. Eccles '10 Gallison,  P. G. Clapp '09 Sprague  K. L. Bennett '11