HARVARD '12 VS. YALE '12

First Baseball Game at New Haven. Both Teams Have Good Records.

The Freshman baseball team will play its first game with the Yale freshmen this afternoon at 4 o'clock on Yale Field, New Haven.

Though the Freshmen have played but six regular games, the team has developed rapidly under Coach C. D. Moss '09. Of the games played four have been won, one tied, an 11-inning game with Hotchkiss at Lakeville, and one lost. Throughout the season the fielding has been good, especially that of the infield in spite of the fact that the team-play has been somewhat hampered by an injury to Kennedy, the regular first baseman. The batting, particularly that of Conant and Potter has been far above the general average of a Freshman team, though it is erratic at times.

The Yale freshmen have played ten scheduled games, of which they have lost four. They have beaten the Princeton freshmen in two hard games, the first running to eleven innings. The team is strong in fielding, but, as a rule, cannot hit when hits are needed. Brinsmade and Smith have been doing the pitching for the Yale freshman team throughout the season.

The batting orders: HARVARD 1912.  YALE 1912. Wigglesworth, c.f.  3b., Merritt Conant, r.f.  r.f., Hyde Kennedy, 1b.  c.f., Stevens Potter, 2b.  s.s., Loutrel Winston, s.s.  c., Murchie Desha, 3b.  1b., Murfey Kelly, l.f.  l.f., Murphy Howe, c.  2b., Kraetschmar Ernst, p.  p., Brinsmade