DINNING HALLS MANAGEMENT

We hope that the managing committee of the dining halls in appointing a representative to take over the work of management have gone a good way toward settling the difficulties of the present situation. The industrial engineers apparently made many suggestions for improvement, and other changes were proposed on the postal cards sent out to the members of the University. It remains to be seen whether the halls will be more successful after the reforms have been made, or whether it is now too late for the tide of popularity to turn back again to the two institutions. The membership at present is higher than would be expected at this time of the year, and there is apparently satisfaction with the committee's methods. Everything possible will be done in the next two months to suit the present members of the halls and induce others to join, and if there is sufficient support from the members of the University both halls will be open again next fall as usual.

The CRIMSON and the Student Council are very glad to have been of any use to the committee. We only regret that we have not been able to arouse enough interest to place the halls on an absolutely sound footing.