PARTICIPATING LIFE MEMBERSHIP.

The constitution of the Union was recently amended for the purpose of adding a new class of members, with the designation "Participating Life Members." The change was made for the benefit of all students finally leaving the University, the inducement held out being a payment of the membership fee by instalments. Under the former regulations, the fee for Student Life Membership was a lump sum of $75; that for Graduate Life Membership a lump sum of $50. This amendment has made possible the acquisition of the full rights of Life Membership by the payment in the aggregate of $50, in instalments of not less than $10 yearly.

As the Union management has up to the present received comparatively few applications, we take this opportunity of bringing the matter once more before the University. Men who purpose residing in the neighborhood of Cambridge or Boston should not fail to avail themselves of the scheme through mere oversight. Even if they do not patronize the Union regularly, they will find it a pleasant place to take their friends for a meal. They will also be doing their part to support an institution which is the monument of Harvard public spirit and Harvard democracy.