SECOND CORNELL GAME AT 3

On Soldiers Field.--Hicks to Pitch.--Briggs Back at First Base.

The University baseball team will play its second game with Cornell on Soldiers Field this afternoon at 3 o'clock. This will be the first played since the nine met Williams a week ago Thursday, for the weather prevented both the Dartmouth game and the second game with Holy Cross. At Ithaca, on May 29, the University team defeated Cornell team could not hit Hicks, while the University team secured ten safe hits off Howes and Caldwell, the Cornell pitchers. Cornell has played two games on Soldiers Field in the last two years and each time the University team has won by the score of 1 to 0.

The University line-up will be the same as it has been for the past two weeks, Crocker playing second in place of MacLaughlin who will not be back until the first of next week. Hicks will do the pitching as in the game at Ithaca. Since the first game with Cornell two games have been played, Brown defeated the University, by the score of 3 to 2; but on the following day Williams was beaten, 2 to 1, in an exciting 13-inning rally.

The Cornell line-up has been materially changed within the past two weeks. Only one game, in which Pennsylvania was shut out 1 to 0, has been played, so the new combination is practically untried. Caldwell or Gable will pitch in place of Howes, who was in the box in the last game. Williams has been shifted to first base and Lally is catching in his place. The fielders will depend entirely on who pitches, as the pitcher who does not start in the box will play in the field.

The batting orders: HARVARD.  CORNELL. Lanigan, 3b.  s.s., Magner Harvey, c.f.  r.f., Ebeling Currier, c.  p. or c.f., Caldwell Aronson, r.f.  1b., Williams Simons, s.s.  l.f. or p., Gable Dana, l.f.  c., Lally Crocker, 2b.  2b., Fulton Briggs, 1b.  l.f. or c.f., Judson Hicks, p.  3b., Howard