Courses to be Given at Squam Lake

The University Engineering Camp at Squam Lake, New Hampshire, will open for the summer on Thursday, June 24, and will close on Tuesday, September 7. No entrance examinations are required. The courses in surveying, however, require a knowledge of trigonometry.

The charges to members of the University for the courses which will be given are as follows: Engineering 4a, Plane and Topographical Surveying, a full course beginning on June 24 and continuing six weeks, $60; Engineering 4c, Geodetic Surveying, a half-course beginning on July 14 and continuing three weeks, open to students who have passed satisfactorily in Course 4a in a previous summer, $30; Engineering 4d, Railroad Engineering, a full course beginning August 4 and continuing five weeks, open to men who have passed Course 4a or its equivalent, $50; Engineering 5b, Elementary Statics, a half-course beginning June 24 and continuing three weeks, open to men who have passed Course 1b or its equivalent, $45; Architecture 5d, Resistance of Materials, a half-course beginning July 14 and continuing three weeks, open to students who have passed Engineering 5b, $45; Engineering 5e, Elementary Kinematics and Kinetics, a half-course beginning July 14 and lasting three weeks, open to students who have passed Course 5b, $45. An additional charge is made for students not members of the University, and for students in the University not in regular standing.

All students who desire to take courses at the camp should obtain registration cards at University 2 and register at Pierce 114 today, or at Pierce 110 tomorrow from 9 to 5. Additional information may be obtained from Professor Hughes or Mr. Paige at Pierce 114 from 9 to 1 daily.