Cornell Defeated by Yale, 6 to 0

Yale defeated Cornell at New Haven Saturday by the score of 6 to 0. Yale played a strong game both at the bat, securing nine hits, and in the field; whereas Cornell obtained but five scattered hits off Van Vleck and Merritt, who was substituted for the former in the sixth. In the fifth Yale batted Caldwell out of the box, and off Howes, who took his place, only one run was scored.

Yale scored twice in the opening inning. With one out Fels was given a base on balls. A three-base hit by Jefferson scored Fels and a hit by Logan brought Jefferson home.

Caldwell started the fourth badly by hitting Jefferson. Though Logan flied out, hits by Sweeney and Mallory filled the bases. Then a hit by Corey allowed Jefferson to score and left the bases still filled. A base on balls was given to Van Vleck, forcing Sweeney, and Badger's bunt brought in Mallory on a close decision with the third run of the inning. Fels flied out and Badger was thrown out at second on Murphy's grounder to Magner. In the fifth, after two men had struck out, Sweeney secured a base on balls and after stealing second scored when Mallory hit for two bases. The game ended without further scoring, though Howes tripled in the eighth.