THE "FAITH HEALER" AT 8

Henry Miller in Drama by W.V. Moody '93 in Sanders Theatre Tonight.

The "Faith Healer," by W.V. Moody '93, will be presented by Mr. Henry Miller and a strong company in Sanders Theatre this evening at 8 o'clock. Tickets for reserved seats at $1.50 each and admission tickets at 50 cents each may be obtained at Herrick's in Boston and at Kent's University Bookstore. This evening seats will be sold at the Auditor's Office in Memorial Hall. Sanders Theatre will open at 7 o'clock.

This performance is the first professional production of a modern play by a Harvard graduate under the auspices of the University. Moreover, Mr. Miller is breaking the run of "The Faith Healer" at the Savoy Theatre, of New York to play in Cambridge."

Mr. Miller has been connected with the stage in the capacities of author, actor and manager for nearly thirty years. His success in 1906 in "The Great Divide," by Mr. Moody, was phenomenal. This play ran nearly two years in New York and was presented for four months in London, where Mr. Miller received marked tributes from the leading dramatic critics.

The versions of the "Faith Healer" to be used tonight is a complete rewriting of the play since its publication, Both the author and Mr. Miller feel that, while preserving all the merits of the original form, it is even better for acting.

The time of the "Faith Healer" is the present. The place is an isolated farm-house near a small town in the Middle West. A lonely shepherd, Ulrich Michaelis, wanders into a Missouri hamlet, where he heals through faith. How he lost his gift through love of a woman, and how he recovers it, and are told in three acts of increasing dramatic intensity. Though there is a touch of mysticism throughout the play, and the spiritual element is strong, neither is allowed to dominate the dramatic telling of the present-day story.

The cast is as follows: Ulrich Michaelis,  Henry Miller Matthew Beeler,  Harold Russell Mary Beeler, his wife  Mabel Bert Martha Beeler, his sister  Lillian Dix Annie Beeler his daughter  Gladys Hulette Rhoda Williams, Mrs. Beeler's niece,  Jessie Bonstelle Dr, George Littlefield,  Theodore Friebus Rev. John Culpepper,  Edward See Uncle Abe, and old Negro  Robert McWade Lazarus, an Indian boy, James Hagan A Young Mother,  Laura Hope Crews