Lake Mohonk Peace Prize

The Lake Mohonk Conference on International Arbitration offers a prize of $100 for the best essay on "International Arbitration" written by an undergraduate of any American college or university.

For the purposes of this contest "International Arbitration" includes any subject specifically treated in the "Conventions for the Pacific Settlement of International Disputes" adopted by the first and second Hague Conferences or in the "Draft Convention Relative to the Creation of a Judicial Arbitration Court" agreed to at the second Hague Conference. C. D. Pugsley '09 is the donor of the prize.

Essays must not exceed 5000 words and must be written (preferably type-written) on one side of plain paper of ordinary letter size.

The name of the writer must not appear on the essay, but a letter should accompany it, giving the writer's name, class, college, and home address, and sent to H. C. Phillips, Secretary Lake Mohonk Conference, Mohonk Lake, N. Y., to reach him not later than March 15, 1911. Essays should be mailed flat.

Last year a similar prize brought out 75 essays. The prize was won by G. K. Gardner '12.