TEAM'S PRACTICE LISTLESS

T. Frothingham's Goal Only Score Against Second During Scrimmage.

The first part of the secret practice for the University football team yesterday consisted of a short formation drill for the linemen, and blocking practice for the ends. After the elementary work, the second team was called into the Stadium, and in the long scrimmage that followed the University team played a decidedly slow and sluggish game. The coaches followed the plays closely, often interrupting to explain points and technicalities.

Withington, Wigglesworth, McKay, Fisher, and T. Frothingham did not take part in the scrimmage, but went through the lighter drill. Corbett did all the punting, but also kept out of the rushes.

The only score of the scrimmage was a drop-kick by T. Frothingham from the 25-yard line, after Team A had recovered the ball following an exchange of punts. Against the substitute linemen the second team showed up well, although it was not able to score. The ends showed improvement, Paine and Thixton getting behind the University line and talking the runner for a loss. O'Hare also played well in the line, breaking through several times and downing the man with the ball. The second team directed the majority off its plays against the University team's line, and the coaches paid especial attention toward strengthening it.

The drop-kick occurred during the first part off the scrimmage. Just before the end, the University team was put on the defensive on its 10-yard line. The second tried six line plays but could not score. A forward pas was the last resort but that also proved useless.

The line-up: UNIVERSITY  SECOND TEAM Felton, Long, Jowett, l.e.  r.e., Tobey, Paine Hann, F. Leslie, l.t.  r.t., Jenckes Minott, Stow, l.g.  r.g., O'Hare Huntington, Amory, c.  c., Eager Keays, W. Blodgett, r.g.  l.g., Wulsin Bush, Parmenter, r.t.  l.t., Lawson L. Smith, Lewis, Amory, r.e.  l.e. Eckfeldt, Thixton Potter, Gardner, q.b.  q.b., Callendar Graustein, Corbett, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Page Wendell, Campbell, r.h.b.  l.h.b., French Morrison, Tryon, f.b.  f.b., Marsh