HARD PRACTICE YESTERDAY

University Team Defeated Second 5 to 0, in 20-Minute Scrimmage.

The University football team lined up against the second team for a long, hard scrimmage during the secret practice yesterday afternoon. The work of the team was very encouraging, the backs tearing up the second line for long gains and scoring four touchdowns. O'Flaherty and McKay were not on the field, but they are not to be out of the game for long. O'Flaherty will be back again tomorrow. The line-up was shifted in a slightly different manner from that of the day before. Captain Fish had not returned from West Point and P. Withington was given only light work, so Perkins played centre, W. K. Blodgett right guard, and Fisher continued to play right tackle in Fish's place.

The first team used straight football for almost all of its gains, Minot gaining constantly through the centre of the line. Both Galatti and Wigglesworth were used at quarterback and each ran the team well. Galatti played during the first part of the scrimmage but Wigglesworth went in after Minot and Leslie had scored. During the latter part of the game Minot scored twice more, the second team weakening under the steady rushes of the first team backs. Long played in the scrimmage for the first time since his injury in the Brown game.

The teams lined up as follows: FIRST TEAM.  SECOND TEAM. Houston, l.e.  r.e., Clifford Hooper, l.t.  r.t., Pfaelzer L. Withington, l.g.  r.g., Blake Perkins, c.  c., Knapp W. K. Blodgett, Stow, r.g.  l.g., O'Hare Fisher, r.t.  l.t., Davis L. D. Smith, Rogers, r.e.  l.e., Paine Galatti, Wigglesworth, q.b.  q.b., Merrill Leslie, Pierce, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Campbell Long, r.h.b.  l.h.b., McCabe Minot, f.b.  f.b., Tryon