University Teas Will Begin Friday

The first University tea of the year will be held in the Parlor of Phillips Brooks House on Friday afternoon between 4 and 6 o'clock. The object of these entertainments is to provide an opportunity for students to meet one another informally, and to bring them into closer relations with the officers of the University and their families, especially with those whom they do not meet in their courses.

As in former years, the management of the teas is in the hands of a permanent executive committee made up of certain members of the Faculty and their wives, and ten or twelve members of this committee will be present at the tea each Friday. In addition, a few men from the undergraduate classes and the Graduate Schools have been asked to serve as ushers, and a number of them will be present each time. President and Mrs. Lowell will attend as often as possible.

Invitations to the series, which will continue during December, January and February, have been posted on all the bulletin boards throughout the University, and all members of the University are cordially invited to attend. Special invitations have been mailed to first year students but this was not thought necessary in the case of upperclassmen.