"H" MEN ON ALL-AMERICA

McKay, Fisher and Wendell Chosen by Walter Camp for 1910 Team.

Walter Camp, in his selection of this year's All-America football team, has placed on it three Harvard men, R. G. McKay '11, R. T. Fisher '12, and P. L. Wendell '13. Harvard has more men on the team than any other one institution, while Michigan and Pennsylvania follow with two each. Brown, Minnesota, Princeton and Yale each have one.

The selection of the first eleven is as follows:

Ends--Kilpatrick of Yale, and Wells of Michigan.

Tackles--McKay of Harvard, and Walker of Minnesota.

Guards--Benbrook of Michigan, and Fisher of Harvard.

Centre--Cozens of Pennsylvania.

Quarterback--Sprackling of Brown.

Halfbacks--Pendleton of Princeton, and Wendell of Harvard.

Fullback--Mercer of Pennsylvania.

Mr. Camp's Comment.

In speaking of the changes in the 1910 rules, Mr. Camp states that the elimination of the pounding plays upon the tackles is one of the most valuable reforms adopted by the committee; and that the ban on such battering and brutal attack by "some five men massed" on one individual player has made for a fairer sport, and also lessened the danger of accident.

The forward pass is regarded as an uncertain play by Mr. Camp, who comments upon it as follows: "The play is a treacherous one, and the occasions for its use are so dependent upon the very immediate conditions surrounding it at the moment, that it should be placed in a special category by every quarterback and captain.

"Taking up the individual qualifications of those who make up the All-America team of 1910:

"Beginning with the ends, it seems hardly worth while to take up a great deal of space with a description of the work of Kilpatrick of Yale, for he was the same not only reliable but brilliant player as when he filled the position last year.

"But there is another man who runs him close on account of the great value he was to his team, practically alone and unaided winning for that team its principal championship game. That man is Wells of Michigan.

"Next to these two comes L. Smith of Harvard, a reliable, heady player, powerful and alert, although not exceptionally fast. Although not so scintillating as Kilpatrick he could always be counted upon.

"Of tackles McKay of Harvard earned for himself the reputation of being the best man in a remarkably good line.

"Fisher of Harvard is next to Benbrook and outclassed the other competitors for this position. He and Benbrook would bolster any centre.

"Of backs, Wendell of Harvard, Pendleton of Princeton and Mercer of Pennsylvania make an ideal backfield. Wendell is the best line-plunger on the gridiron. He carries his charge farther through and exhibits a greater ability to keep his feet than anyone else who has tried this play."