CANDIDATES FOR OVERSEERS

Six Places to be Filled.--Directors of Alumni Association Nominated.

The Committee on the Nominations of Overseers has sent out the list of candidates for the Board of Overseers to be balloted on by the alumni. This year at Commencement Day there are six vacancies on the Board to be filled; five for the full term of six years, and one for a term of two years. The names of the twelve candidates from the list of nineteen given below, receiving the highest number of votes on the postal ballot will be placed on the official Australian ballot for use on Commencement Day, June 29. If anybody entitled to vote for Overseers does not receive his ballot, he should communicate with the General Secretary of the Harvard Alumni Association, 50 State street, Boston. All ballots must be returned on or before June 13. By a recent action of the Corporation and the Overseers, holders of the degree of A.M., or of any honorary degree are entitled to vote in this election immediately after receiving their degrees. The list of candidates follows:

Charles W. Eliot '53, of Cambridge, President Emeritus of Harvard.

Francis L. Higginson '63, of Boston, formerly an Overseer for twelve years.

Reginald H. Fitz '64, of Boston, Hersey Professor of the theory and practice of physics, emeritus.

Edward Bowditch '69, of Albany, N. Y., president of the Harvard Club of Eastern New York.

Augustus E. Willson '69, of Frankfort, Ky., Governor of Kentucky.

James F. Jackson '93, of Brookline Mass.

Francis R. Appleton '75, of New York, N. Y., formerly an Overseer for six years.

George P. Gardner '77, of Boston.

Edgar C. Felton '79, of Philadelphia, Pa., president of the Harvard Club of Philadelphia.

George von L. Meyer '79, of Washington, D. C., Secretary of the Navy.

Theodore Roosevelt '80, of Oyster Bay, N. Y., president of the Alumni Association, and formerly an Overseer for one term.

George A. Gordon '81, of Boston, pastor of the Old South Church, and formerly an Overseer for two terms.

Abbot L. Mills '81, of Portland. Oregon.

John E. Thayer 85, of Lancaster, Mass.

John W. Bartol '87, of Boston.

Thomas W. Slocum '90, of New York, N. Y., president of the Associated Harvard Clubs.

Rudolphe L. Agassiz '92, of Hamilton, Mass.

Philip Stockton '96, of Boston, Mass., president of the Old Colony Trust Co., of Boston.

John W. Farley '99, of Boston. Overseer at present for a term of one year.

Alumni Association Directors Nominated.

The Committee on Nominations has also nominated the following men as Directors at Large of the Harvard Alumni Association. Of these nine men three are to be elected on Commencement Day by the Australian ballot system. The list of nominations is as follows: William R. Thayer '81, of Cambridge Mass.; E. J. Wendell '82, of New York, N. Y.; F. R. Martin '98, of Providence, R. I.; Eliot Wadsworth '98, of Boston: J. F. Curtis '99, of Washington, D. C.; James Lawrence, Jr., '01, of Milton, Mass.; Barrett Wendell. Jr., '02, of Boston; S. R. Wolcott '08, of Readville, Mass.; J. A. Burgess '04, of Boston.