Three of Four Lacrosse Games Lost

In its southern trip during the recess, the University lacrosse team played four games, one of which was a victory. Considering the number of new men, the team did well. Lack of practice in stick work was the cause of the three defeats.

The first game of the trip was lost to Johns Hopkins University on Saturday, April 16, by a score of 6 to 3. Wednesday morning the team left for Annapolis, where they defeated the Navy team in a very closely contested game by a score of 1 to 0. Smith made the only goal. The result of this game was rather a surprise, as Annapolis had previously defeated both Johns Hopkins and Mt. Washington. On Thursday the University team lost to Swarthmore by a score of 11 to 7. On Friday the team went to New York and on Saturday played Stevens on Stevens Field, Hoboken, losing by a score of 2 to 4.

The Harvard line-up for the games was as follows: Brightman, g.; Hale, p.; Leavitt, c.p.; E. Morgan, 1d.; Fitts, 2d.; Nash, 8d.; Alexander, c.; Gustafson and Munro, 8a.; Blackett, 2a.; Smith, 1a.; J. P. Morgan, o.h.; Shaw, i.h.