LACROSSE TEAM VICTORIOUS

Columbia Defeated by Score of 4 to 2 Last Saturday in Close Game.

In an exciting game of two 35-minute halves and an extra period of 15 minutes, the University lacrosse team defeated Cornell, in the Stadium yesterday afternoon, by a score of 15 to 11. With the score tied, 9 to 9, at the end of the second half, Cornell opened the extra period with a rush, Captain Lucker scoring a goal directly after the face-off. Cobb followed with two goals in rapid succession for Harvard and Captain Vance tallied the twelfth goal for the University team after a scrimmage. A few moments later both teams scored, and before the end of the period Vance and Furber each made another score. During the greater part of the game the ball was kept in Cornell's territory and it was only the splendid work of Thatcher, the Cornell goal tender, that prevented the University team from making a much larger score.

The summary: HARVARD.  CORNELL. Sheip, g.  g., Thatcher Wellman, Crandall, p.  l.h., Taylor Thompson, c.p.  o.h., Christensen Crandall, Cochrane, 1d.  1a., Walbridge Cochrane, Wentworth, 2d.  2a., Schultheis Downer, 3d.  3a., Lucker Alexander, c.  c., Lombardo Currie, Irvin, 3a.  3d., Henry R. P. Smith, 2a.  2d., Devitt Furber, 1a.  1d., Boardman Cobb, o.h.  c.p., Clark Vance, l.h.  p., Cannon

Score--Harvard, 15; Cornell, 11. Goals --Cobb 6. Vance 5. Alexander 2, Furber, Irvin, Christensen 4, Taylor 4, Lucker 2, Walbridge. Referee--A. R. Knipp, Johns Hopkins. Goal umpires--Thomas and Weed, Harvard. Time-keepers--L. D. Cox '08; Baird, Cornell. Time--Two 35-minute and one 15-minute periods.