YESTERDAY'S GAME

After the discouraging defeat of last Tuesday, the game with Yale yesterday did much to increase general confidence in the team. With the exception of the seventh inning, creditable support was given Hicks, although there were two errors in fielding hits. For such a showing under the unfavorable circumstances, the team deserves great credit. The one feature which does not augur well for a victory in New York is the way in which the men became unsteady in the seventh inning.

In batting neither team showed up strongly. With the first two innings favorable to Harvard and Yale superior in the seventh, each team obtained four hits, none of which counted for more than a single base. In the field Yale was the more brilliant with McIntyre's phenomenal catch and a double play in the sixth. The feature of Harvard's fielding was the accuracy and speed of Young's throwing, which allowed Yale but one stolen base.

The cheering of both supporting contingents was vigorous and toward the end of the game, constant. The unpleasant element of trying to rattle the opposing fielders was absent to a degree unseen in a Yale game during the last few years. Both sides cheered at all times, and always with the sole intent of encouraging the teams.