Long Practice for University Team

The University hockey team held a long scrimmage with the second team yesterday afternoon in the Boston Arena. For about ten minutes, at the start, the players were sent down against the University defence to develop both the passing of the forwards and the body-checking of the defence. This was followed by a scrimmage between the first offence and the second defence against the second offence and the first defence. For about a quarter of an hour neither side was able to score, the first team forwards keeping the puck in their opponents' territory most of the time. Duncan was at last able to score from the side the first goal. Duncan then retired and Pierce took his place. Childs was moved to left end, Blackall taking his position and Graustein replaced Blackall at point. A scrimmage of ten minutes followed in which Foster took the puck the length of the rink scoring a good goal from the side.

The first defence then joined the first offence for the remainder of the period. Seamans scored twice, once from the side and just before the close, from in front of the goal. As a whole the first offence did not play very well. They failed to cover-up when near their goal and did not follow back well. The first defence played well together, taking the puck out of the corners quickly and thus preventing their opponents from a high score. The line-up: UNIVERSITY TEAM.  SECOND TEAM. Gorham, l.e.  r.e., Seamans Childs, Blackall, l.c.  r.c., Hornblower Whidden, r.e.  l.e., Duncan, Pierce Pratt, r.e.  l.e., Pierce, Childs Huntington, c.p.  c.p., Houston Foster, p.  p., Blackall, Graustein Gardner, Chadwick, g.  g., Chadwick, Gardner